It’s not long now until the GBPF South East Open in Woking on 2nd March, so this week is going to be a heavy one. Since I’m not competing, I don’t have to do everything on the board but I’ve been trying to. I think I’m still feeling the effects of my week-and-a-bit off, though, and as a result I’m not quite managing to keep up with everyone else!
- Squats: worked up to 3 @ 75kg (80%), 2 @ 80kg (85%), three singles @ 85kg (90%)
- Good mornings: 2 sets of 3 @ 40kg; 3 sets of 3 @ 45kg
- Dimel deadlifts: 2 sets of 20 @ 40kg
- Bench: worked up to 3 @ 40kg, 2 @ 42.5kg, 2 @ 45kg, 1 @ 47.5kg, 1 (crap rep) @ 50kg
- Dumbbell bench press, palms facing: 12.5kg dbs, 5 reps x 3
- Glutes & hams + pullthroughs
- Abs, stretching
I had intended to go to kettlebells today but…. I got to work late due to an emergency dental appointment (yay), and I have meetings between 1-3pm (the KB class is 12-1pm) – no no dice. STILL. Damn you life, getting in the way of important stuff.
In joint news: my left hip, which has been sore since October, seems to be hurting less. I went to see an osteopath last year and he said it was probably tight hip flexors, but I’m not so sure. I’ve been stretching & stuff (as prescribed) and it feels more sore after yogalates & any form of running, but less sore after squats. So, I decided to double my doses of fish oil & glucosamine 10 days ago and… it feels better. Maybe it’s just psychosomatic, I don’t know. But it’s a relief for now.