I started my program for the Farm Open (April 26th) last night. I had expected deadlifts, as on Sunday my coach phoned me to ask what I thought I could deadlift for 5 sets of 4; but when I got there last night it turned out I had squats. And what squats. Seriously, I’m seizing up this morning, and probably won’t be able to get out of bed tomorrow.
- Squats: worked up to 3 sets of 5 @ 75kg (80%)
- Good mornings: 3 sets of 10 with the bar
- Glute & ham raises; pullthroughs
- Bench: worked up to 3 sets of 5 @ 32.5kg + chains
- Bench press pullup/inverse rows: 5 sets of 5 pathetic efforts
- Seated press w/bar: 1 set of 7 @ 20kg; 2 sets of 7 @ 25kg
- Skull crushers: 3 sets of 10
- Single-arm dumbbell rows: 5 sets of 5 @ 20kg
- Situps, Russian twists
Looking at the program, I have squats again on Thursday. Argh. I think by the time 6 weeks are up, I’m going to be in pieces.
I take back what I said the other day about feeling neglected at the gym – the fact that he called me on Sunday has made me realise my coach really does care 😉