On Sunday, the day after strongwoman, my boyfriend & I took a long stroll along some of east London’s waterways. The main walk was about 1 hour 45 mins; I’m not sure how far we walked but I guess it was a couple of miles at least. Plus the walk to & from the tube station from our house is about 0.8 miles each way. I suppose I can call this an “active recovery” session, then? Even if it involved a beer at the end 🙂
On Monday morning my legs felt like CONCRETE. So much so, that my walk to the train station (1 mile) took me longer than usual and I almost missed my train. So what better thing to do on Monday evening than dead squats?!?
- Dead squats* (off pins just below parallel): 20kg, 5 reps x 2; 40kg x 5; 50kg x 3; 60kg x 3; 70kg x 3; 80kg x 1; 90kg x 1; 92.5kg x 1 (2.5kg more than last time)
- Light front squats: 20kg x 5 reps; 30kg 8 reps x 3
- Kroc rows: 15kg dumbbell, 20 reps x 2
- Glute & ham raises; hyperextensions
I had another couple of things on my workout, but it was so hot and humid in the gym that I bailed early. Plus I knew my boyfriend was making pork chops & new potatoes for dinner, so I wanted to get home early 😉
Today. Today I feel so sore. My left shoulder really hurts, which is odd. Maybe it’s delayed stuff from hoisting those kegs on Saturday?! I brought my gym kit to work (with the intention of doing a quick barbell complex/circuit at lunchtime) but I might force myself to take the day off. I have Yoga-lates tomorrow, anyhow, and that’s a workout, right?
* Also known as bottom-position squats, concentric squats & Anderson squats