Right now I have two reoccuring thoughts about my body:
- Wow, I feel really strong at the moment
- Wow, my belly is seriously enormous, I can actually tuck it into my jeans
(As I write this, I’m eating a custard doughnut – so I can’t really be that upset about point two, can I?!)
At BGWLC last night, coach said that obviously being ~2-3kg heavier than usual suits me well, since my training is going well (touch wood I don’t jinx anything by saying that!). I do feel back to the strength levels I had before I cut weight for my April competition (and then injured my back).
I keep wanting to bash myself for being flabby at the moment, but I’m trying not to. In fact I took a pic at the gym earlier with the intention of posting it on my blog as some sort of catalyst to get myself slimmer; but I thought, Why? If that belly was on anyone else I’d be saying it’s fine, it’s beautiful, bellies are OK. Sometimes these things are harder to apply to ourselves.
(I do find it harder to get round the fact that my jeans are too damn tight right now, mostly because jeans are expensive!!)
Afternoon: Pilates at Urban Kings. I’m really enjoying this class, and kinda kicking myself for not taking it up when I joined Urban Kings a year ago. Yesterday we did Pilates with a ring, or “magic circle”, and it was hard. Everyone else looked so serene & graceful, and I felt like a turtle stranded on my back. Still, I got a good stretch out of it, and I’m already feeling the benefits in my core.
Evening: bench at BGWLC
- Bench press: 42.5kg x 3, all with pauses; 45kg, 3 sets of 3, all with pauses
Pretty pleased with these, as my 1RM is still only 50kg, so 45kg x 3 x 3 with pauses is pretty huge in comparison.
- Dumbbell floor press: 15kg, 5 sets of 5
- Lying tricep kickbacks: 5kg, 3 sets of 10
- “Dips” (my rather pathetic attempts): 3 sets of 5
- Machine rows: 15kg x 8; 17.5kg x 6; 20kg x 4; 22.5kg x 2 x 2
- Hammer curls: 8kg x 5; 9kg, 2 sets of 5
- Weighted sit-ups: 10kg, 3 sets of 10
Friday – conditioning
OH EMM GEE I was so hyped for conditioning today, and it didn’t disappoint. What have I become?!
- Warm-up; then 30 tuck jumps + 30 situps, followed 25, 20, 15, 10, 5 ibid
- 2 rounds of (1m 30s on each activity)
– 12kg double kettlebell cleans
– 20″ box jumps (first round I only did step-ups, second round I did 6 jumps!!)
– 10kg ball slams
– 5kg wall balls
– 20kg barbell thrusters
– dummy flips
– 12kg single-arm dumbbell snatch