Well today was going to be THE DAY when I finally went to the kettlebell class at Urban Kings on Tuesday afternoons. And then…. on Monday afternoon I got asked to go spend Tuesday with a vendor, to evaluate an ecommerce offering. So I ended up spending the day in another office away from my own, with a minimal lunchbreak. Definitely not a day I could ask to vanish for 90 minutes at lunchtime.
I think I’m basically fated to never go to kettlebells on a Tuesday. I will try again next week, though, as I really need to learn proper kb technique. Two weeks ago I managed to give myself a bruise on my upper arm doing kettlebell cleans; then last Friday I gave myself a bruise on top of a bruise doing exactly the same exercise:
You call that a bruise? Now THAT’S a bruise (with apologies to Crocodile Dundee).
I was showing it off at the gym last night & people were recoiling in horror. I thought strength athletes were meant to be proud of bruises!!
Monday – chest at BGWLC
- Bench: warm up, then 40kg x 8; 42.5kg x 6; 45kg x 4; 47.5kg x 3 with stops; 50kg x 2 with stops
Awwwwwww yeeeeeaaaahhh baby! My competition pb x 2 with stops!
- Narrow-grip bench press to 3 boards: 35kg x 8 reps; 40kg, 8 reps x 2
- JM press: 40kg, 3 reps x 3
- Seated dumbbell shoulder press: 10kg, 5 reps x 2; 12.5kg x 4 reps
- Front raise: 10kg plate, 12 reps x 2
- Leg raise: 2 sets of 20
- Sit-ups: 2 sets of 20